The goals of the Academically and Intellectually Gifted (AIG) Program are directly related to the goals of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, Newton Conover City Schools and the AIG Team. These goals provide a framework for establishing and evaluating services to students, involving parents and community, and educating school personnel.
- To cultivate and develop the potential of young students through a nurturing program.
- To focus on differentiation strategies and extensions that foster the development of 21st century skills at an advanced level.
- To improve communication and enhance collaboration among educators, administrators, parents and community in order to promote a clear understanding of gifted education.
- To utilize the AIG Task Force to continue growth and improvement of the AIG Program.
- To identify students, including those from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds, who demonstrate outstanding abilities and/or achievement through the use of varied assessments and multiple criteria.
- To provide ongoing professional learning opportunities in gifted education.