Child Nutrition Health and Wellness Links
Health & Wellness Resources
Laws, Regulations, Standards and Guidelines
Health and Wellness
- National Food Service Management Institute (NFSMI) - Provides information and services that promote the continuous improvement of child nutrition programs.
- USDA - National Agricultural Library - Food & Nutrition Information Center (FNIC) - Is a leader in online global nutrition information. Contains more than 2,500 current and reliable nutrition links.
- FDA, USDA - Food - Contains articles related to food.
- Health.gov - Health information for individuals and families including: health communication, physical activity guidelines, dietary guidelines and National Health Information Center.
- American Heart Association - Current information on how to keep your heart healthy.
- American Diabetes Association - Current information on how to prevent or manage diabetes.
- Eat Right.org - Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics - Is a source for trustworthy, science-based food and nutrition information. Is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy.
- Fruits & Veggies, More Matters - Includes healthy ways to cook, eat, shop and much more!
- School Nutrition Association - Is a professional organization focused on educating and empowering members to provide healthy meals to foster environments where children achieve overall wellness and lifelong success.
- School Nutrition Association of NC - Is a non-profit organization comprised of School Food Service Professionals focused on providing the best child nutrition programs for all children.
- Physical Activity and Health - A Report of the Surgeon General - National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.
- American College of Sports Medicine - Advancing health through science, education and medicine.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine/National Institutes of Health - PubMed comprises more than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher Web sites.
Student-friendly Sites (Parents, too!)
- Kidnetic.com - Provides fun ways for kids to learn about nutrition and health.
- KidsHealth - Is all about health for kids. Includes a parent site, kids site and teens site.
- Pacific Science Center - Nutrition CafÃ© - Makes learning nutrition fun. Provides online games such as: Nutrition Sleuth, Grab A Grape and Have-A-Bite.