Skip to main content
Newton-Conover City Schools
Main Menu Toggle
Human Resources » Regional Alternative Licensing Center

Regional Alternative Licensing Center

Regional Alternative Licensing Center

The State Department of Public Instruction created three Regional Alternative Licensing Centers (RALC) to assist school districts in the licensing of teachers. In lieu of associating with a college/university program, the centers prepare plans of study for lateral entry, prospective lateral entry, and provisionally licensed teachers. The limited resources of the RALC dictates that these teachers be self-directed. Contact the RALC through your licensure specialist for employed teachers, email/ telephone for prospective teachers. Also, the first point of assistance should be the RALC website.

The RALC route to licensure is designed to provide help to the teachers for the North Carolina Public Schools. One of the requirements is that you teach in a North Carolina public or charter school for one year before your license can be cleared. Once you complete the program, the license issued is the same license issued to all North Carolina teachers from any approved college/university. Other states may accept the license or require additional documentation over which we have no control.

Do I Qualify?... You can take this brief survey and determine in you qualify for RALC services. You can also click here to review the Frequently Asked Questions section of the RALC website.
Contact Karoline Fisher, Director, at the Catawba RALC -

Forms You May Need: