Skip to main content
Newton-Conover City Schools
Main Menu Toggle
Human Resources » Provisional License

Provisional License

Provisional License Requirements

License areas can be issued provisionally for non-core areas only (such as media, counseling, drama, career-technical (vocational), physical education, etc.). Pre-requisites may be required for some of these areas so make contact with the licensure office for specific requirements.

Provisional license are issued on a year by year basis for a maximum of 3 years  Educator must complete a minimum of 6 semester hours of course work each year toward a plan of study issued by an accredited college/university. In some cases, the Praxis II subject assessment test will also be required.

A provisional license expires annually and documentation of meeting the yearly requirements will be sent to DPI by the Licensure Specialist and a license extension for the next year will be issued. Upon completion of the program, the college/university will recommend clearing the provisional license to DPI.
A provisional license application requires the employee to pay a non-refundable licensure processing fee of $60 made payable by VISA or MasterCard.