Welcome to the Exceptional Children and Preschool Department! We are here to serve you and assist with any needs your child may have. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to any of our staff and we will be happy to guide you.
I believe in being a lifelong learner and work to instill this love of learning to those around me. I hold the following degrees and certificates:
- Bachelor of Science in Recreation, Parks, & Tourism: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Post-graduate Certificate in Special Education: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Special Education: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Add-on in School Administration: Appalachian State University
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership: Gardner-Webb University
I have served as an EC teacher assistant (Cabarrus County), EC teacher (Charlotte-Mecklenburg), Compliance Coordinator (Charlotte-Mecklenburg), Program Specialist (Alexander County), Assistant Principal (East Lincoln High School-Lincoln County), and currently as Director in Newton-Conover.
In my free time I enjoy reading and spending time with my family and supporting my daughters on the athletic field and court.